Community Resources

Health Aide Inc. CDPAP is dedicated to providing health care coverage to support your health care needs, and gives you resources to maintain your quality of life.

Community Directory
Pooled Income Trust
Below are list of resources available for you and your family, according to your particular health care needs. You can always speak with a Health Aide Inc. CDPAP representative at 347.620.6226 to help you access the resources you need.

Advanced Directives
Assisted Living
Care Planning
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Emergency Planning
Heart Disease
Mesothelioma and Asbestos
NYS Medicaid Program
Parkinson’s Disease
Respite Services

Advanced Directives

Advance directives are legal documents that ensure your requests are fulfilled in the event you cannot make decisions for yourself. Advance directives can come in the form of a Health Care Proxy, a Living Will or a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Order. These documents can instruct what care you wish to be given under certain circumstances, and/or they can authorize a particular family member or friend to make decisions on your behalf.

It is your right to make advance directives as you wish. It is most important for you to document how you would like your care to continue if you are no longer able to communicate with providers in an informed way due to illness or injury. Please contact your Health Aide Inc. CDPAP Care Manager for assistance in completing these documents.

New York Living Will Forms:

Living Will

New York Health Care Proxy Forms:

Haitian Creole

Visit the
New York State Department of Health website for more information on patient rights and advance care planning resources.


Alzheimer’s Association
How to Make a Home Safe for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s or Dementia
Island Alzheimer’s Foundation


Arthritis Foundation

Assisted Living

Consumer Affairs Best Assisted Living Facilities


American Cancer Society

Care Planning

National Care Planning Council
Comprehensive resources for Eldercare, Senior Services and Care Planning.
National Institute on Aging
Supporting research on aging and the health and well-being of older people.
Next Step in Care
Topics covered include medication management, assessing one’s needs as a caregiver and planning for discharge.


COPD Foundation
Chest Foundation


Dementia Guide

Living with Dementia


National Alliance on Mental Health
Anxiety and Depression Association of America
National Institute of Mental Health


American Diabetes Association

Emergency Plan Workbook

Click here to download a PDF.

This workbook will help you create an emergency plan and have important information ready to use. Fill in the fields in the workbook and save it or print it. Store it in a safe, accessible place.


American Glaucoma Society
American Academy of ophthalmology

Heart Disease

The Heart Foundation
American Heart Association

Mesothelioma & Asbestos

Mesothelioma is an aggressive cancer that affects the lining of the lungs, heart, or abdomen. Caused primarily by the inhalation of asbestos fibers, mesothelioma is most commonly diagnosed in older individuals who worked with asbestos in an industrial setting. Call 315-552-1108 or Learn more

mesothelioma treatments

New York State Medicaid Program


You can apply to Medicaid if:

• You are a U.S. citizen (born in the U.S. or one of its territories) and provide a valid Social Security Number (SSN). A match with the Social Security Administration (SSA) will verify your SSN, date of birth/age and U.S citizenship. If SSA verifies this information, no further proof is needed. The SSA cannot verify birth information for a naturalized citizen. You will need proof of naturalization (e.g., Naturalization Certificate (N-550 or N-570) or a U.S. passport).
• Proof of age (if not verified by SSA), like a birth certificate
• Proof of citizenship or immigration status
• Four weeks of recent paycheck stubs (if you are working)
• Proof of your income from sources including Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veteran’s Benefits (VA), retirement, Unemployment Insurance Benefits (UIB), Child Support payments
• If you or anyone who lives with you is 65 years or older, certified blind or certified disabled, you need to give information on bank accounts, insurance policies and other resources
• Proof of where you live, like a rent receipt, landlord statement, mortgage statement or mailing envelope you received recently
• Insurance benefit card or the policy (if you have any other health insurance)
• Medicare Benefit Card (the red, white and blue card)
If you would like assistance with completing a
Medicaid application (form), please call Health Aide Inc. CDPAP Member Services at 347.620.6226

Suffolk County Department of Social Services (SDSS)
Call – 1-631-854-0555, 1-631-852-3570 or 1-631-852-3571 East Suffolk

Nassau County Department of Social Services (NDSS)
Call – 1-516-227-8519

Westchester Department of Social Services (WDSS)
Call – 1-914-813-6204


National Osteoporosis Foundation

Parkinson’s Disease

National Parkinson Foundation
American Parkinson Disease Association

Respite Services

Willing Hearts, Helpful Hands


National Foundation for Infectious Disease
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke