Below are list of resources available for you and your family, according to your particular health care needs. You can always speak with a Health Aide Inc. CDPAP representative at 347.620.6226 to help you access the resources you need.
Advance directives are legal documents that ensure your requests are fulfilled in the event you cannot make decisions for yourself. Advance directives can come in the form of a Health Care Proxy, a Living Will or a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Order. These documents can instruct what care you wish to be given under certain circumstances, and/or they can authorize a particular family member or friend to make decisions on your behalf.
It is your right to make advance directives as you wish. It is most important for you to document how you would like your care to continue if you are no longer able to communicate with providers in an informed way due to illness or injury. Please contact your Health Aide Inc. CDPAP Care Manager for assistance in completing these documents.
Mesothelioma is an aggressive cancer that affects the lining of the lungs, heart, or abdomen. Caused primarily by the inhalation of asbestos fibers, mesothelioma is most commonly diagnosed in older individuals who worked with asbestos in an industrial setting. Call 315-552-1108 or Learn more
• You are a U.S. citizen (born in the U.S. or one of its territories) and provide a valid Social Security Number (SSN). A match with the Social Security Administration (SSA) will verify your SSN, date of birth/age and U.S citizenship. If SSA verifies this information, no further proof is needed. The SSA cannot verify birth information for a naturalized citizen. You will need proof of naturalization (e.g., Naturalization Certificate (N-550 or N-570) or a U.S. passport).
• Proof of age (if not verified by SSA), like a birth certificate
• Proof of citizenship or immigration status
• Four weeks of recent paycheck stubs (if you are working)
• Proof of your income from sources including Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veteran’s Benefits (VA), retirement, Unemployment Insurance Benefits (UIB), Child Support payments
• If you or anyone who lives with you is 65 years or older, certified blind or certified disabled, you need to give information on bank accounts, insurance policies and other resources
• Proof of where you live, like a rent receipt, landlord statement, mortgage statement or mailing envelope you received recently
• Insurance benefit card or the policy (if you have any other health insurance)
• Medicare Benefit Card (the red, white and blue card)
If you would like assistance with completing a Medicaid application (form), please call Health Aide Inc. CDPAP Member Services at 347.620.6226
Suffolk County Department of Social Services (SDSS)